919 Hereward Road
Victoria, BC, V9A 4C9
3. WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Depending on which parts of the SeedLeaf Platform you use, we may collect different kinds of information from or about you:
3.1. Information you provide
We collect the content and information you provide when you use the SeedLeaf Platform, including when you create an account, sign up for a subscription, complete a profile, register for our newsletter, provide a suggestion, or comment on our blog. This information may include “Personal Information,” which is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, Personal Information can include your:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number or email address);
- Business information (farm domain, acreage, employee information (e.g., salary and years of experience)
- Photo or images; and
- Certain data about your use of the SeedLeaf Platform (IP address or device ID) that is considered Personal Information in some jurisdictions.
3.2. Device Information
We collect information from or about the computers, phones or other devices where you install or access the SeedLeaf Platform. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. Such device information typically includes:
- Your online environment (operating system, browser, hardware version, device settings, or device identifiers);
- Device location, including specific geographic locations, such as through Bluetooth, WiFi signals or GPS;
- Connection information (name of your mobile operator, internet service provider, IP address); and
- Browsing activity, such as the pages you visit or the links you click on.
3.3. Information about your customers
If you use the SeedLeaf Platform to connect with your customers, we will collect your customers’ information, including their name, email address, phone number, billing address, shipping information, purchase/transaction history and any other customer information you enter into the SeedLeaf platform.3.4. Information from your social media accounts
If you choose to connect your social media account to the SeedLeaf Platform, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts, and content that you have viewed or liked. Please refer to that social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared with us and other third parties.4. HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
- Offering, improving and developing the SeedLeaf Platform: We use your information to deliver the SeedLeaf Platform, personalize content, and improve our offerings and services. We may also conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we collect to evaluate and improve the SeedLeaf Platform.
- Communicating with you: We use your information to send you marketing communications, surveys and important administrative announcements about the SeedLeaf Platform or your account. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
We know that you use the SeedLeaf Platform, in part, to connect and share your business with others. We make this possible by sharing your information in the following ways:
- With our vendors: We work with vendors that help us provide you the SeedLeaf Platform and related services. Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share information with our vendors for purposes such as website hosting, professional services, human resources management, customer service, e-mail delivery and auditing. When we share Personal Information with vendors, we require those vendors to process your Personal Information only on our behalf and for the same purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
- With third party partners: We may work with third party partners that provide measurement and analytics services. We do not share Personal Information with these third party partners, nor do we sell or lease your Personal Information to any third parties for such third party’s marketing purposes.
- As part of a corporation transaction: Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may share, transfer or delete your Personal Information if we are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by SeedLeaf or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part). If required by applicable law, any such sharing of Information will be reported to regulators in accordance with the applicable law.
6. COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGY.
- Session Cookies are used to operate our Services. Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Services. If a user chooses to disable cookies, certain content and features may not be available.
- Security Cookies are used for general security purposes, such as user authentication and preventing fraudulent use or unauthorized access of data.
We may also use web beacons (also called a pixel tag or clear GIF) that enable us to monitor user activity and website traffic. To learn more about cookies and web beacons, visit
6.1. Why SeedLeaf uses Data Collection Technology
6.2. Our policy on “Do Not Track” signals
California’s Online Privacy Protection Act requires website operators to disclose how they respond to web browser’s “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. Some web browsers incorporate a DNT or similar feature that signals to websites that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many website operators, including SeedLeaf, do not respond to DNT signals.
7. HOW CAN I MANAGE OR DELETE INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
If you are an account holder, you can manage your Personal Information in your account settings and profile page. You can also delete your account at any time by contacting us using the information in the How to Contact Us section below. Depending on where you live, you may have legal rights to access, modify or delete the Personal Information that we hold about you. Exercising such rights must be in accordance with applicable law, and we reserve the right to charge appropriate fees to respond to such request if permitted by applicable law. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information set forth in “How to contact us” below.8. HOW CAN I OPT OUT OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS?
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us or prefer us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you may use the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails or call or email us at 778.319.3885 or
. Please note we cannot remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties (who are not our vendors) with whom we have shared your Personal Information prior to your opt-out request. Please contact those third parties directly.9. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take reasonable precautions intended to help protect your Personal Information that we collect. Unfortunately, no system or online transmission of data is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted across the Internet. If you believe that information you provided to us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately using the contact information provided below.10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.We rely on the following legal basis to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
- Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
11.2. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, California residents have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom a company has disclosed their Personal Information for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. SeedLeaf does not currently share Personal Information with third parties, including our Affiliates, so that those third parties can market themselves to you.12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
To learn more about how SeedLeaf collects and uses your information, please contact us using the information below:
919 Hereward Road
Victoria, BC, V9A 4C9